Wednesday, March 26, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 17: Quesadillas for Dinner!



Instead of looking for 100 reasons to quit, look for 1000 reasons not to give up

DAY 17 WORKOUT: LOWER FIX

So Josh prefers to workout in the basement while I like working out upstairs in the living room. No big deal, except every day we have to transport weights up and down the stairs. This morning I brought up 30 pounds of weights and a yoga mat in one trip- I think that should count as a bonus or something. That “warm-up” set me up well for my lower body fix, which was all good until hours later when my legs were so sore I could hardly walk up or down the stairs carrying nothing.

DAY 17 FOOD

I had a high protein breakfast this morning because I’m saving my carbs for tonight’s dinner. I made 2 fried eggs and 4 slices of turkey bacon (this is 2 red servings). It was a lot of food! I also had some strawberries on the side and coffee of course. I made the eggs and bacon on the big griddle and it reminded me of pancakes…and I love pancakes, so I was slightly depressed that I couldn’t have those for breakfast. I did find a recipe for banana pancakes on Pinterest that are made with banana and oatmeal so I’m going to have to try that out sometime.

For lunch, I made chocolate shakeology with peanut butter and ½ a banana. I think this is one of my favorite combos. Its like eating a Reese’s…well, close enough…

I’ve been looking forward to making this dinner for awhile, especially after last night’s bland soup, if we can call it that. I put pork loin in the crockpot this morning with water, vinegar, chipotle seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little bit of honey. Anniston helped put everything in the CrockPot—she’s such a cute little helper in the kitchen! I let that cook for about 7-8 hours until it falls apart. Then I used 1 red container of the meat, 2 whole grain tortillas (2 yellows), and 1 blue container of cheddar cheese to make quesadillas. I usually add some Taco Bell hot sauce but with that not being fix-approved, I substituted it with Cholula Mexican hot sauce. I also made some fresh pico to go alongside it (1 green). These were fabulous! Tip: I always make my quesadillas in the broiler/oven instead of using a skillet. Its super easy. I build the quesadillas on a pizza pan, set the oven broiler to high, and cook on each side for a few minutes. The tortillas crisp perfectly and the cheese melts evenly.



OTHER THOUGHTS

Well for the second week in a row, the grocery store is out of mint leaves. I didn’t realize this was such a high demand item, but anyways, I’ve had to mix up my daily infused water regimen. I’ve now been putting 2 frozen strawberries and 1 lemon wedge in my water bottle in the morning and refilling it throughout the day. Surprisingly, the lemon has not gotten bitter like it does sometimes if you leave it too long in iced tea. Also, after I started making this water concoction, I saw on pinterest that strawberry-lemon water helps improve your digestion and can also work to clear your complexion. That’s a win, win for me!

Also I really want a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese from Einsteins. Doesn't that sound delicious!I had to find a picture of it on google...


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment