Monday, March 24, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 15: Bras & Breakfast Bonus



Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

I saw this quote on Instagram this morning. So motivational- its Monday, and it’s the start of Week 3! Here we go!


DAY 15 WORKOUT: CARDIO FIX

Today’s workout was one where I collapsed on the floor and loudly rejoiced “THANK THE LORD” when it was done. This workout was a killer—non-stop activity and I’m drenched in sweat. In the moment, I wanted to give up…but I had to choose between what I wanted now (temporary relief) and what I wanted most (to accomplish my goals and improve my health/body), so I pushed through it—pain is temporary, the regret of quitting lasts much longer.

DAY 15 FOOD

For breakfast, I had egg whites, spinach, and feta- again, so much better with the feta than without (like last Thursday). I also had a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, honey, and slice banana. Almost gave in and put butter on my English muffin, but that would only cheat myself, so I stuck to what I am supposed to eat to fuel my body and have a healthy breakfast.

Now for a breakfast bonus: Because Josh works, he doesn’t obviously have the luxury to make a deluxe breakfast at home like I do. Last week, he had hard-boiled eggs everyday for breakfast, but let’s be real, you can only eat so many hard boiled eggs. He needed something different for breakfast this week. I was trying to think of a way he could get protein, vegetables, and grains so he would have energy to focus on his tasks at work. I discovered this recipe on Pinterest for egg white muffins. It was so easy! Fill muffin trays with vegetables of your choice (I used spinach and red and yellow bell peppers). Sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then pour egg whites over, filling each tray just about to the top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. You can eat them by themselves, or put them in a whole wheat mini-bagel or English muffin- who doesn’t like a breakfast sandwich? Josh sent me a text this morning saying they were AMAZING. Super easy to make- anyone can seriously make these and they are tasty, healthy, and filling!

Ok back to me now, lol. For lunch, I had shakeology with strawberries. Publix has pints of strawberries 4 for $5 this week… I bought 8 pints- I think the cashier thought I was crazy, but you can’t beat that price! Seriously $1.25 for fresh, ripe strawberries! Same price as a McDouble, but soooo much better for you!

For snack I had cucumber slices and creamy herb dip. Yes, I tried yet another version of the creamy herb dip- I am bound and determined to make this dip work. I tried really hard to mimic ranch dressing, adding fresh dill, chive, and parsley. Something still is missing, but its better than the last two attempts…

For dinner, I made chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta, tomatoes, garlic, and spinach. How did I make it to week 3 without knowing that ricotta (a cheese mind you) counts as a red and not a blue (all other cheeses are blue)?!? Taking full advantage of that tonight to double up my protein. I used part skin ricotta to make it even healthier. I planned to serve it with some sautéed vegetables, but apparently I can’t count and I’ve already had my 3 green servings today (breakfast, snack, and the spinach/tomatoes inside the chicken), so I had to settle for just the chicken. It was still good though!

OTHER THOUGHTS

I went to buy a new bra tonight because after pregnancy, breastfeeding, and now losing weight, my bras were not fitting me at all! Anyways, this was the first time ever I was comfortable with the girl in the dressing room and didn’t feel embarrassed about my stomach/mid-section. It’s the little things people…

Also, get your “fix” of more good and bad in my Week 2 Review post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment