Third time’s a charm right?
I've redone this recipe 3 times now in the past year as I've progressed in my journey to a healthier me. The original muffin recipe I shared on this blog back in 2013 included sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar, and white flour. I tried to get healthier around the start of the new year on my own, and made a few modifications to this recipe then. Now, after being involved in Beachbody programs and educating myself further on healthy, clean eating, I decided to revamp this recipe once again, and I think it turned out great.
Yield: 2 Dozen
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
21 Day Fix Portion (per muffin): 1 Yellow
- ½ cup honey
- 1 stick organic, unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3- 4 bananas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (I found this at Walmart. Gold Medal brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter, honey, and eggs
3. Mash bananas and beat into mixture
4. In a separate bowl, stir baking soda and salt into greek yogurt (as you stir, it might fizz a little and turn into the consistency of mousse)
5. Add greek yogurt mixture into muffin batter and mix well.
6. Gradually add in flour. Stir until completely blended.
7. Line 2 muffin trays with paper cupcake/muffin liners (to make 24 muffins total)
8. Spoon in batter (about 2/3 full- I use an ice cream scooper for easy and even filling)
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes
10. Cool before enjoying