Yield: 4 fajitas
Fix Portions (per fajita): 1 yellow, ½ red, 1 green, ½ blue (optional)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I poach them in water, so they shred super easy. You could also use leftover rotisserie chicken for this too)
- 1½ green container bell peppers, sliced
- 1½ green container onions, sliced
- 1 green container salsa (I recommend Pace restaurant style or the fresh Chipotle Garlic salsa available in the produce section at Target)
- 2 blue containers shredded mexican or cheddar jack cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp each ground cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a skillet, saute onions and bell peppers. Season with garlic powder and black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, salsa, and cumin and stir well
- Fill tortillas one at a time with vegetables and chicken. Sprinkle with ½ blue container cheese (optional).
- Roll/fold the tortillas so that the ends are tucked in and place them in a 13x9 baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
- Try substituting steak or ground turkey instead of the chicken
- Make a seafood version of this dish: use a mild fish (like tilipia) or baby shrimp and mix with mango salsa for a fresh twist!
- Feel free to serve with some extra salsa, avocado/guac, shredded lettuce, and greek yogurt (sour cream substitute) on the side!