This recipe combines my favorite two breakfast foods into one- pancakes that really do taste like French toast- who doesn’t love that? Plus, they are so healthy and easy to make!
French Toast Pancakes
*I adapted this recipe from one used on the Biggest Loser to meet the 21-Day Fix parameters.
Makes 10-12 pancakes
Serving Size: 3-4 pancakes
21-Day Fix Portion (per serving): 1½ red, 1 yellow
· 1 cup egg whites
· 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
· 1 cup whole grain oats
· 1 tbsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp raw sugar or stevia
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth (about 30 seconds)
2. Pour onto a lightly greased griddle or griddle pan (I use a very small amount of real, unsalted butter)
3. Cook until lightly brown on both sides
4. Drizzle with 1 tsp of 100% pure maple syrup