Saturday, March 15, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 6: On What Other Diet Can You Eat Pizza?



You can’t wish for it, you have to work for it.


It’s the weekend…time for some R & R. Nope, no rest for the weary- its 21 days straight people. You can’t wish for it, you have to work for it!

Really loved that quote from today’s workout. For years I have wished that I would wake up and my body would magically look the way I wanted it to. But that’s not real life- you have to work to see results. And when you want something bad enough, you will work for it- Another golden quote from Autumn…I’m thinking of writing all these down in different colors and making a motivation board. Project time!

DAY 6 WORKOUT: DIRTY 30

I love that this title rhymes. I also loved that the workout seemed to fly by quicker today for some reason. However, I don’t love my 3-story townhouse right now because my legs are in so much pain trying going up and down stairs after this workout. Good thing I picked up some IcyHot at Target yesterday!


DAY 6 FOOD REVIEW

Breakfast on the weekends are fun because I can experiment with different combinations and have more time to clean up the major messes I make in the kitchen. Today I made an open-face breakfast sandwich with 1 slice of whole wheat toast, turkey bacon, eggs, and a dash of Tabasco. I had strawberries along with it, so my breakfast portions were 1 yellow, 2 red, and 1 purple.  I think I will make this again and add some spinach and/or tomato to the sandwich to get a green serving in there as well.


Still continuing my shakeology recipe experimentation. Today I made a hybrid of the past 2 days and did a peanut butter & banana shakeology. Again delicious and filling. Really getting used to these as my lunches.

Dinner was awesome! My husband and I both love pizza. We’ve had a tradition of making homemade pizzas together ever since we started dating about 7½ years ago. And there’s no reason tradition had to stop just because of 21 Day Fix! We just had to modify our recipe a bit. Today, we used whole wheat pita flatbreads (1 yellow), 1 red container combination of lean ground turkey and chopped deli ham slices, 1 green container with mixed vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes), and 1 blue container of mozzarella cheese. We baked the pitas at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes in the oven before adding the toppings so that it would crisp into more of a crust than a pita- worked like a charm. Then added the toppings (which piled on to the pizza) and baked until the cheese melted and was bubbly. These turned out fabulous and were beyond filling with all the toppings. And on what other diet can you eat pizza? This was great.


OTHER THOUGHTS

A huge thanks to my Pinterest feed for this:

Also, proud of my hubby for turning down free pizza and beer after helping our friends move into their new apartment. That’s dedication right there! So glad he’s doing this 21 Day Fix with me so we can support and encourage each other to be strong, stay strong, and get stronger! Because you can't just wish for it, you have to work for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment