Friday, March 14, 2014

21-Day Fix: Day 5: Its Pi Day and No Pie for Me :(



Strength isn’t doing what you think you can do; Strength comes from doing what you thought you couldn’t do.

DAY 5 WORKOUT: TOTAL CARDIO FIX

So I realized this was supposed to be the Day 1 workout. Apparently, on Day 1, I put the wrong disc in and did “Cardio Fix”. So, today, when it came time for “Cardio Fix” on the workout calendar, I substituted for “Total Cardio Fix” to correct my mistake and ensure I get every workout in that I need in each week. Honestly, it was probably a good thing I didn’t do this on the first day because (1) I didn’t have a yoga mat or weights until Wednesday and you need them for this session and (2) I probably would have given up because the workout was that tough. But I made it through…even when that meant doing what I thought I couldn’t do.

DAY 5 FOOD REVIEW

I made a big breakfast today! Southwest vegetable omelets (peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and hot sauce). It was accompanied by a toasted wheat deli round with peanut butter and honey. I planned to eat strawberries too, but I was already plenty full from the omelet and decided to save my fruit serving for later.

Glad that I did! I was able to put a whole banana (2 purple servings) in my chocolate shakeology and it was so good- almost like a banana split, minus the whip cream and cherry on top (but lets not bring that up and make me jealous).

The shakeology kept me full throughout the rest of the afternoon into the evening- only needed a small snack of celery with 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter.

I had planned to cook tonight, but Fridays are usually tough to stick to that plan. It’s the end of the week, and I like grocery shopping on Friday nights- the shelves are typically stocked in preparation for the weekend rush and there is hardly anyone in the stores. Plus this will allow me to have time this weekend to get all the prepping and chopping out of the way for the next week. Anyways, after running my errands, it was too late to even think about cooking a full meal. So, I got a salmon sushi roll on the way home- you can have 6 pieces on this program, which surprisingly was very filling. It counts as 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green, which was exactly the colors/portions I had allocated for dinner. It worked out perfectly and was delicious. Shout out to the sushi place for letting me place an order at 9:55pm when you close at 10- the sushi chef told me he would make me sushi because I was “cute” lol… and the hostess told me I was skinny and don’t need to be on a diet, so that made me feel good about myself- hey, we all need a little flattery sometimes ;)


OTHER THOUGHTS

I blew out a yankee candle in our bathroom earlier and the smell of the wick reminded me of when someone blows out their birthday candles...and then I wanted cake. Like a lot. But the temptation passed and I just drank some water. This is major progress people.

Also, for those nerds out there who appreciate little things like this, its Pi day (3/14)- a day where its more than acceptable to eat pie. However, pie is clearly not Fix-approved, so no pie for me. Again, major progress.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment