So I’ve never been a big drinker. Haha, not in that way, I mean just in general. When you’re sick, you’re supposed to drink plenty of fluids- always been tough for me since I was a little girl. When I was pregnant with Anniston, it was a challenge to stay hydrated-I literally had to force myself to accomplish a “goal” of drinking 3 bottles of water a day. I just am not thirsty by nature I suppose. But, I know everyone says its so important to drink 8 glasses of water a day. And I want to be healthy. So when I came across this flavored water recipe, I was excited to try it. A new way to meet your water quota without struggling. It’s delicious and refreshing. Perfect for Spring and Summer! My husband loves it too… Try it for yourself… Happy Hydrating!
- 6 Whole Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Lime, Sliced
- 10 Mint Leaves
- Pitcher of Water
- Combine all ingredients in pitcher
- Fill pitcher with water
- Refrigerate overnight prior to drinking
- You have to refrigerate this at least 7 hours to allow the flavors to develop (It’s a good idea to make a pitcher before you go to bed at night so it will be ready the next day)
- Drink it all in one day—not only is that key to getting all the water you need in a given day, but the lime starts to sour after about 36 hours.
- You can replace the strawberries with raspberries, blackberries, etc. Mix it up!