Thursday, March 20, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 11- Dreams and Motivation



You can do so much more than you think you can


DAY 11 WORKOUT: PILATES FIX

In today’s workout, I held an elbow plank for a full 60 seconds. That’s double what I could hold the other day, and, in last week’s Pilates workout, I struggled to hold plank for 10 seconds. If you would have told me a week ago, I could hold a plank for 1 minute, I would have laughed. But today, I proved to myself that I am capable of so much more than I thought. Don’t doubt yourself- just push through it!


DAY 11 FOOD

For breakfast, I made egg whites with spinach and feta…but wait, we were out of feta cheese! So, that turned in to egg whites with spinach, and, to be honest, its not so good without the feta. The feta has this magical power to marry all the flavors together and give you a punch of taste… today I just felt like I was eating wilted spinach and unseasoned egg whites- oh wait, I was. Next time, I’ll buy more feta… If anything, at least I still have my blue serving left for later on. Silver lining.

Oh, I also had some cantaloupe (1 purple) and about a dozen mini-wheats (1 yellow). I put just a teaspoon of unsweetened almond milk on the mini-wheats to trick my mind into thinking I was devouring a giant bowl of cereal and it pretty much the best thing ever and it totally made up for my egg white/spinach debacle.

I haven’t had coffee in a few days because with this sore throat, all I’ve wanted is hot tea. But, I made a chai tea this morning (because I was still thinking about that amazing cinnamon chai tea I had last night) and I think it must have been expired because it tasted like soap, not chai, soap. Another reason I need to go find this new cinnamon chai tea at Fresh Market.

For my shakeology, I had chocolate with strawberries and I added a little splash of vanilla extract. Honestly couldn’t taste the vanilla at all, but it was still good.

Anniston and I ran errands and had a playdate to fill the remainder of our day. Josh had church band practice tonight after work, so our paths happened to cross around dinnertime. We shared a few slices of whole wheat margherita pizza from Brixx. Not gonna lie, we are totally eating the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow. I’m confused how to tally this pizza though because I thought it would be 1 yellow (crust), 1 blue (cheese), 1 green (tomatoes), and some olive oil (because the pizza didn’t have red sauce, was just brushed with olive oil). However, according to the Fix book, if you eat ¼ of a 12-inch cheese pizza its 1 yellow and 1 orange. If you eat a cheese and veggie pizza, it’s 2 yellow, 1 orange, 1 green. I don’t quite understand the math there. How does the blue disappear? Where does the orange come from (usually seeds, peanuts, dressings)? I’m thinking ours was closest to cheese pizza because I probably only had 2 slices of tomato. Either way, my portions are where they need to be, I just don’t like feeling confused about it.

OTHER THOUGHTS

Every single night I have at least one dream about the 21 Day Fix. I will wake up and be like “seriously did I just dream about color-coordinated containers again?”

Someone on Instragram today put up this picture of bacon coated in brown sugar and dipped in beer. And I’m like “is this real life?”… I’ll stick to my shakeology and water…

Speaking of water, the flavored water I drink everyday is strawberry-mint water. I used to make it in a pitcher, but now that I have my fancy Camelbak water bottle, I just put 2 frozen strawberries and one mint leaf in the bottom of the bottle in the morning and then refill with plain water throughout the day. Its perfect.

Also, I finished my motivation wall! Love it- so inspiring.

And finally (I know, lots of extra thoughts today), I probably wont get a post up tomorrow- I have a super crazy day and will be out very late…so look forward to a double-feature on Saturday (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment