We have had a stretch of cold weather this past month- freezing rain, ice, snow, and temps in the single digits- brrrrr! Days like that call for a bowl of steaming soup for dinner and this new recipe surely hit the spot!
Yield: 8 servings
21 Day Fix Portions (per 1 cup serving): 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Blue
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts low sodium organic chicken stock/broth
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 can (28-32oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp pasta (or tomato) sauce of choice (I used Classico)
- 1 package refrigerated whole wheat 3-cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Saute, onions and garlic in a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil until tender. Season with a little italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add sauteed onions and garlic to the CrockPot along with ingredients 3-8. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or all day.
- Right before dinner time, cook the tortellini according to package instructions (should take about 7 minutes in boiling water). Then add to the soup.
- Use a GREEN container (or 1 cup) to portion your soup. Then add the parmesan cheese to each bowl and fold in- adds the perfect final touch!