#pumpkineverything! But really!
Fall is my favorite season. I get a pumpkin spice latte the day its released, my house gets converted into a pumpkin patch (well, just touches of harvest decor here and there), and I stock up on pumpkin yankee candles.
So, accordingly, I needed to bake something that incorporated the spirit of fall. I found a recipe on pinterest for the worlds best pumpkin bread...and I was determined to make it better- healthier, cleaner, and yummier...plus in muffin form!
Despite modifying almost every ingredient from the original recipe, these turned out really well! My husband said they were amazing!
They are perfect for breakfast with a rich cup of coffee or great for dessert too. I like them slightly warmed so the chocolate chips are all melty inside. Delicious!
Yield: 2 dozen muffins
21-Day Fix Portion: 1 yellow substitute per muffin
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin (about ½ a regular can)
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted but not hot)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup milk (I use organic)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp each:
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (ingredients 1-7). I recommend using a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (ingredients 8-9)
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix til combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop into lined muffin tins (about ⅔ full)
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes