Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
Combining two of my favorites- philly cheesesteaks and quesadillas- into one yummy, healthy dish!
Yield: 1 quesadilla
Fix Portions, per quesadilla: ½ red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 yellow
- 3 slices low sodium deli roast beef
- 2 slices provolone cheese (can substitute another cheese or 1 blue container shredded cheese, if you prefer)
- 1 green container mixed green peppers, onion, mushrooms, chopped
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tsp horseradish mustard
- Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, sauteed chopped veggies in 1 tsp olive oil until tender. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper, to taste
- Chop roasf beef and add to skillet. Mix with vegetables to heat beef a little.
- Cut the tortilla in half. Spread 1 tsp of mustard on either side of the tortilla
- Layer ½ the cheese on one side of the tortilla. Add meat and veggie mixture, then layer the remaining cheese, and place the other side of the tortilla on top
- Cook on both sides in skillet (or in an oven with broiler set to high)