Breakfast, they say it’s the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately may people skip breakfast- and I can understand why. I am always running late and breakfast seems like the logical thing to cut when pressed for time. My husband too used to only drink coffee as his breakfast, until he did the 21-day fix and realized how much better he felt and was able to focus at work when he ate breakfast.
So over the next several days, I will be sharing breakfast recipes perfect for whether you are on the 21-day fix or not- portioned, balanced, nutritious, and substantial to get your day started off on the right foot!
Let’s start with a grab-and-go breakfast (because whether you work or not, we are all running out the door on some mornings).
Egg White “Muffins”
Yield: Makes 12 full size muffins
· 2 regular cartons 100% pure liquid egg whites (or 1 large carton- I buy a 6 pack of regular cartons at Costco)
· Vegetables of your choice- Suggest spinach, multi-colored bell peppers, mushrooms, and/or onions
· Garlic and/or Onion Powder
Directions (Easy Peasy!)
1. Grease a muffin tin with olive oil spray
2. Fill each muffin compartment with chopped vegetables
3. Sprinkle with pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder
4. Fill each compartment to the top with egg whites
5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
· These can be eaten by themselves or you can put them on a whole wheat English muffin or whole wheat mini-bagel and create a breakfast sandwich
· If you want to jazz it up more, top with some Tabasco or melt cheese over top
· Store 2 muffins in each Ziploc bag. Stays fresh for 7 days in the fridge.
Fix Portions to Check-Off
· 2 egg white muffins = 1 red, 1 green
· 2 egg white muffins + ww mini-bagel = 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow
· 2 egg white muffins + ww english muffin = 1 red, 1 green, 2 yellows
· 2 egg white muffins + cheese = 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue