Friday, June 20, 2014

Sweet Potato Fries

SIMPLE Sweet Potato Fries


I’ve been on a sweet potato kick lately… I’ve made muffins, brownies, and more with these things (recipes forthcoming in the future for those)... Today, I’m sharing a super simple sweet potato fries recipe, both clean-eating and 21-day fix approved.


Yield: 2-3 servings
Fix Portions (per serving): 1 yellow


Ingredients
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes (look for the long skinny ones, they are easiest to make into fries in my opinion)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • ½ tbsp cumin


Directions
  1. Peel potatoes and slice into wedges
  2. In a large bowl, pour the coconut oil over the wedges, add the cinnamon and cumin, and then toss to coat evenly
  3. Spread onto a baking sheet
  4. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through the cooking time
  5. Enjoy with your favorite meal (like a burger- check out my favorite burger recipe here!)




9 comments:

  1. Hi there. Just found your blog after watching a 21 day fix commercial this morning. I am so tempted to start it and love seeing your results. Are you still doing it? How long now? How much lost? I am also a mom and a Christian, but I am in a different place in life than you-about to be an empty nester as my baby goes to college next year. I would love to chat and learn more about the program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I am still following the 21-day fix- down 20 pounds since March and my husband has lost 40! I would love to talk to you more about it! Send me an email heyward.melissa@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Loving your blog. I just started 21 day fix & I can't wait to try your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you have great results on 21-day fix! If you are not working with a coach and are interested in some additional resources, email me at melheyward@beachbodycoach.com :)

      Delete
  3. I am beginning my journey back to health. I say back to health because four years ago I worked my bootie off and was seeing great results but the diet plan I followed was so strict it wasn't something I could stick to long-term. In the end I fell back into my old ways and now I'm the heaviest I've ever been.
    I am getting ready to start my 21 Day Fix but having trouble getting my food plan in order. I was wondering if you have your recipes in a PDF format that you could share with me? I think once I get a better idea of what each thing accounts for and recipes I'll be able to get a better start.
    I'm also looking for a coach that will help motivate me.
    Four years ago I did a BeachBody program but the coach assigned to me when I originally opened my account would never respond to questions or anything and I believe that lack of support contributed to me dropping out of the healthy lifestyle. I'm not saying it's completely the coaches fault I know it's up to me to make changes, but I needed that encouragement at the time and it wasn't there. Could you help me with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, email me at heyward.melissa@gmail.com so we can talk more. I have a new challenge group starting Friday that I would love to get you involved in :)

      Delete
  4. I found your blog last Friday and have already tried out 4 of your recipes! All of them have been great. My fiance has asked what other recipes are on your blog! I'm trying the sweet potato fries tonight. Your recipes are a great way to switch up the sometimes mundane way of making healthy meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many do you count in a serving?

    ReplyDelete